torra: "I just write what the voices in my head tell me to." (Quote by me, Icon by Selynne) (Default)
[personal profile] torra
Happy Samhain!

That's right, today is the pagan new year, and since I don't have my usual Samhain Rit to work on this year to get it out of my system, I'm inflicting it on you here:


            
   Happy Samhain!   
   Happy New Year!   
   Happy Halloween!   
            


And for those of you people reading this whom I know to be major Supernatural fans? IT IS NOT PRONOUNCED SAM-HA-NE!!! It never has been, it never will be. The holiday is pronouce sow-win. It's galic, it's not suposed to be pronounced the way it looks, no galic word is. The language is both the best friend and worst enimey of a dyslexic. Ignore supernatural. There is no such thing as sam-hain. It's Samhain, and don't you forget it. ::winks::

(But no, really, it's pronounced Sam-win, honest, you don't prounce the H or the N...or the M....or the O....but you do prounced the other H.......)

In other totaly random news, the 25th was my dad's birthday (it was also SueMary's, which I did not know 'til it happened), but he kinda started hateing birthdays after his 40th, so as my gift to him, I'm not useing sparkely text in association with his name.

When he left for work this morning, he showed me one of his gifts from Mom, which is a pair of bright green Converse high tops without laces. Clay and Brian both used to have the exact same high tops in the exact same color (only with laces, of course). I asked him where his laces are, and he says they have elastic built in so they stay on.

So I said, "So for Halloween you're going as a poser?"

"I'm a rocker."

"Your Converse have elastic."

"Rocker."

::snorts:: ::shakes head:: "Poser."

My gift to him? Not saying this to him in public. ::snickers:: Or with sparkley text.

In A Random Remodling Update: Still not moved in yet. Garry (who's had five back surguries, BTW) is down sick, along with everyone else, so we can't move in 'til the floor gets put in...or at least that's what they're saying now. I may move in sooner, but right now I'm in this sorta limbo of most of my stuff being in my appartment, but I still have stuff on the DVR here, including like six hours of Night Court, which I'll lose when I move, so I don't really wanna finish until my DVR is at least mostly empty, but all I have here is a sleep shirt, a change of cloaths, and like five skeins of yarn...


April 2014

S M T W T F S
  12345
6789101112
131415 16171819
20212223242526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags